Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The domino effect

Oh, will it ever end? With having 5 kids, they bring every virus home. Do you think they would all get sick at the same time so that they could all get well at the same time? NO. We have different viruses for different kids. It is the domino effect. One has strep. So, we watch dilligently for any other signs that someone else is getting sick. One has the stomache bug. This one has been circling our house for weeks now. One gets it, they get well, then another gets it. Hubby has a cold. I have the stomache bug and Aunt Flo (nice, thank you) at the same time. UGH. Now, the baby is running a fever.
Ok, so which does she have? I don't know yet. Since she can't (or won't) talk, it could be a) teething - she does run fevers when she teeth's and she should be getting her I teath anytime now) b) stomache bug - she is moaning and groaning alot or c) strep throat. So if it is a or b, there is no need to go to the dr, but if she does have c I should go immediately so that we can kill this infection quick. So, what is a mom to do? I don't know, I guess I will just have to watch her closely tomorrow am and if she seems to cry alot and she still has the fever, off to the dr we go. When will it be over? Probobly during Christmas break when they are away from school. The domino effect, gets us every time!

2 Comments:

At 3:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I go throught same crap here. It sucks. I spend way too much on co-pays at the doctor and the pharmacy...and that's just for the kids, I usually just suffer through anything I have in order to save the money for whatever the kids need.

I hope your household gets better soon!

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Kat said...

I'm so sorry, that sucks. I have the strep and I cleaned the heck out of the house in hopes that my son won't get get. My prayers are with you:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home