Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Take me out to the ball game.....

I did it! I survived my first night of baseball games. You know I do this alone, right? Hubby has to work every flippin day we have a game. No kidding. I would swear these Little League coaches do this to kill me, it is a conspiracy I tell ya!!

So, kids come home at 3:45, we have to leave like right THAT minute because today Tyler
had practice at 4 and it takes us a good 20-30 min to get there. Yeah, that didn't happen on
time. Not my fault, Ty butt wanted to stall and drag his feet. So 4:15 we left the house and made it to his practice. I drop him off, he gets razzed for being late, again his OWN fault. And I leave to drive Logan to batting practice. He has to be there by 5. So, I convince him to get a ride with a teammate when he leaves batting practice at 5:45 to go to the baseball field for team pictures. I have to drive back to Tyler's practice and wait for him to finish. So, 5:50 rolls around, I gather Tyler up and head to McD's. That is also part of the conspiracy, the fast food joints must be giving a kickback to the league, because how else am I going to feed these kids on the road, in between practices and games?? Soooo, we get the dinner, head to the ball field where I meet Logan. We wait around for a good 20 minutes before his pictures are taken. Then we get to to and wait by the field for his game to start. We are hoping it starts on time, at 7.

By now, the sun is going down and it is getting colder. We set up and the kids start running around like maniacs. I swear, if you were at the ball field, you wouldn't hear the cheering for the teams, you would hear ME saying "Kaleb stop, Becca come here, Tyler quit, Kaleb don't run over them with the stroller, Becca come HERE, Kaity pleassse help, Kaleb, why are you crying?, Kaleb come HERE NOW," Do you get the point? I am a stressed out, baseball mom trying to keep the other 4 kids inline while the other is playing.

Logan plays, and I would swear it is the longest 1 hr 45 min of my LIFE. (this is just actual game time, not all the prelude before it). Then we get to wait ANOTHER 10 minutes because the coach has to talk to them because they lost 1-0. By now, Kaleb is crying, Becca is crying, Tyler is whining and Kaity, well, she was actually pretty good. I am frazzled. It is now almost 9pm and I am EXHAUSTED.

So, finally we get to pack everyone up and head home. 9:30 we get to start the process for bed. That is JUST as much fun.

SO, think this was fun? Well, I get to do it all again tomorrow. Only tomorrow, I get to add a dance class for Kaity to the mix. And it will be Logan at practice and Tyler with the team pictures and game, which starts at 7 (we hope).

After this the schedule will be Logan with an early game and a late game on either Monday or Thursday and Tyler with an early game and a late game on Tuesday and Thursday. Early games are at 5, so I say we could be home by 8. whoppee!!

Will I survive this until the middle of June???? Let's find out.....

2 Comments:

At 7:18 AM , Blogger Kat said...

most of my freinds have 4 plus kids so I here this alot. And it has convinced me not to have any more. lol. jk Good luck to you my dear.

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Sissy said...

I don't know how y'all do it, I would be in the loonie bin! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home