Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Do, Docs and Doors....

Ok, so I haven't posted in awhile. So much has been going on. I know, lame excuse, but heres the scoop.

I did get my new hairdo.. and I mostly like it. I think I didn't have it cut enough, so I might be going back for more cutting, but I LOVE the highlights. Seems like a waste that I now have to pay another $35 to have it cut, but I guess, that's the way it goes.

Oldest boy went to the PDoc (aka Shrink) to make sure he isn't bipolar or whatever. He isn't. She feels it is puberty and unresolved anger against his birth father who has been a DIPSHIT and has avoided them since December of last year. He never was consistant about his calls or visits, but it seems he has decided to cut all ties whatsoever since December. Logan is mad, but feels guilty for being mad and takes it out on us. I didn't like the PDoc because during this assessment, she did NOT ask about family history. Um, think that is important. And she YAWNED the whole way thru the interview. Seriously, are we that boring???

Anyhoo.... my hubby and I have been fighting the majority of the week. Long story short we are buying our house. (we have lived in it for 5 yrs now) Ever want to test your marriage, this was the way to do it. His parents are involved in this mess, and it irritates me to no end. I thought by us buying the house that we could eliminate their involvement. I WAS SO WRONG. Anyway, longer story shorter, we have made up, but I am still irritated and we have another hurdle to overcome before the house (and higher payments- we are trying to get more than is owed to do some needed renovations) are officially ours.

So, fastforward to today and here is the new fun topic. Doors. We have had this sliding glass door in our dining room that we have wanted to replace. So a few weeks ago, we went and bought a new one. Today was door day. They ripped the old door out, destroying it in the process (remember this part, it was important). They (hubby and his parents) get the new
door and frame out of the garage and start working on putting it together. They get the frame
built and try to install it in the HOLE in our wall. It doesn't fit. It is TOO TALL. Yes, too tall, and they do not make them any shorter. Great. What now? Can't put the old door back in because they DESTROYED it. (see told you it was important) Ok, now what? We have a gaping hole in our wall and NO DOOR. Also, the frame they built, the one that is too tall, we can't take back because they already built it. So, we can't even get all our money back for the door that is too big. Now, hubby and FIL have gone back to Home Depot (yeah, they say you can do it yourself, but I have may doubts about that) to return what we can of the door and to get something to board up the gaping HOLE in my wall. Eventually the plan, or so I am told, is to put a regular door there and a wall. For right now though, it will just be boarded with OSB or some crap like that.

Oh, did I forget to mention that we have a house appraiser coming next week for our loan. We have to get and appraised value of 25% over what we are asking for on the loan. I bet he is going to LOVE my gaping hole in the wall (temporarily fixed with plywood and insulation) . Should make for an interesting appraisal of my house.

I am really trying to laugh this off. Hubby is trying to fix his MEGA mistake. I won't rub it in too much... :-)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prime example of why I never let a man do any sort of repair in my home.

Good luck with that appraisal.

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Sissy said...

Did you post a pic of your new hair?
I sure hope that big hole in your house is fixed, before the appraiser comes out, that would not be good.

 
At 5:33 PM , Blogger Kat said...

oh no! Hang frames in the hole and call it art..the insecptor will never know.

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Crista said...

Oh man! Hope things look up and the appraisal goes well...sorry for being MIA again. I've been reading from bloglines but haven't had much time to comment. Good luck with it all!! :)

 
At 3:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...how did the appraisal go? That was this week, right?

 
At 2:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all went/goes well.. My inlaws are very involved in everything and it drives me mad.. My FIL is the number one problem in my marriage.. And has always been that way.. we live next door to them and im ready to run far far away.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home