Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

In the trenches

My household is NOT the place to be right now. Since last week we have dealt with strep throat, rotovirus and the stomache flu. The first sign that one is getting better, another on is getting worse. It has even affected me. I am drained, I have recurrant stomache flu from helping all the kids with it. Ray is lucky to have a job that takes him away. He isn't subject to all the sickness and he doesn't have to feel like he is knee deep in vomit and diapers, unlike myself. I think after this epidemic is over, I will have to replace the carpet in my bathroom, all the kids seem to make it to the carpet, but not the toilet. So, hopefully all the Lysol I have been using will start working soon so that we can resume a normal life again. I really think I should buy stock in Lysol, I bet I could make a fortune!

On a really sad note, my aunt Peg has just discovered that the cancer that is in her lung, liver and throat has now spread to her brain. The first dr that gave her the diagnosis was very bleak and gave her 6 months to live. She has since seen another dr who has given her hope that she might be able to overcome it. She has been unable to do Chemotherapy as it has given her terrible bad reactions to it. What chemo she has received has not helped at all anyway, her liver has gotten worse, not better. So, this dr has proposed more radiation. They are going to start the radiation with her head and go from there. The dr feels optomistic because she has not experienced any symptoms, like headaches, from the brain cancer. This prospect is especially scary for our family as my grandpa, her father, had lung cancer that spread to his brain and he died in a relatively short time. Peg is only in her 40's and has a young son still to raise. We just can't lose her yet. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to stay optomistic.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:22 AM , Blogger Kat said...

I'll keep your aunt on my prayers.
And I think you should just move and leave the germs behind. lol

 
At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's everyone doing now?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home