Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Monday, May 07, 2007

In Mourning


This beautiful, young, vibrant woman has left our earth. Sunday morning she closed her
eyes and her spirit went with the Angels. She lost her fight with Cancer. I know we
have been preparing for weeks for this day, but it does not make it any easier. I take
solice that she is no longer in pain and she is with my mother, uncle and grandfather. But,
selfishly, I am so upset she is gone. She was more than my aunt. She was my sister, my
confidant and one of my best friends. She was always there when you needed an ear. She
was happy and vibrant and always the life of the party. She has 3 beautiful children she
leaves behind. 2 are grown and they were raised so well that they have turned
into wonderful adults. They inherited her kindness and compassion, 1 is still growing but he is
turning out wonderfully and I know he will endure knowing how much his mother loved
him. She also has a young grandson (pictured above) to whom I know we will all be
sure to let him know how much his grandma loved and cherished him.

It was a running joke in our family that I was Peg's birthday present (I was born 4 days
before her birthday). We have similar features and have been mistaken for sisters instead
of aunt/neice. After my mom died, I lived in my grandma's house with my aunt for awhile
and when we moved back to Texas, I we came back to stay every summer. We were only
11 years apart in age. When she married and had kids and I was going thru my "fun"
teenage years, she took me in each summer. I stayed with her and babysat the kids
and had a blast during those 3 months.

When my marriages failed, it was she who took me in. Especially when my last marriage
failed and I had 2 kids to take care of, she offered me her house, helped me get a job
and really helped me thru one of the worst times in my life. I can only hope I had shown
her my love and appreciation in a way she deserved. I loved her deeply and I will
miss her forever. There really are no words to express how much I love her and
there is no depth to how much I will miss her.

5 Comments:

At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss, I know how much you loved her and will miss her.

Jon

 
At 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Missi. I'm here if you need anything.

Love you!

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Sissy said...

I'm sorry, I know this is a painful loss for all of you. You're in my thoughts.

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger Kat said...

I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing her with us.

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Crista said...

Missi, I'm so sorry to be coming in late on this, and also simply so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how much time we have to "prepare" for these things -- there is no preparation for the pain and sadness. I'm sending you so many hugs and healing thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home