Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Thank you

Thank you all for your warm wishes.

I am finally back from hell week. We were up in Illinois most of last week for the funeral.
I am holding up. I still have crying fits and I was a blubbering idiot at the funeral, but
again, I am holding up.

It is hard to get back into the swing of things. My head doesn't want to seem to work
correctly right now. I am getting back to work and the boys have baseball. Maybe by
the end of the day I will have my head screwed on straight.

We did have a nice day on Saturday. We went to the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago. I have second degree burns on my forehead (thanks 2 coats of sunscreen, you did well!! NOT) and am a bit
tired. We meant to be there only 3-4 hours, but you can't be at that zoo for only 3-4 hours,
we stayed a whole 8! THEN we drove the 6 hours down south to my grandma's house to spend the night before the second stretch of the trip home (another 6 hours) But the kids had fun and that is all that matters. I should have pictures soon ( I had forgotten my digital camera and had to pick up a disposable)

The Saturday before Peg died, I had the kids (Becca and Kaleb's) bday party at Chuck E Cheeses. It was fun and a nice day. I will post pictures of them soon too.

Saturday had also been a day of purchasing. Ray's van had broken down on Friday and it is so old and has so many miles that we had decided to buy a new(er) van. I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Mercury Monterey. It is sweet! Automatic opening doors, leather seats, many bells and whistles. I will be in debt now for another 4-5 years, but you know, can't beat the luxery of a new(er) van. It did really well on the long trip up and back to Illinios.

Well, I hope everyone else out there had a good Mother's day. The kids and Ray had given me a nice gold bracelet with all the kids birthstones charms on it. It is really nice.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 AM , Blogger Kat said...

I'm glad your back. Take time for yourself. If you can lol

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Sissy said...

It sounds like you've been all over the place. I'm glad you're back, can't wait to see the pics!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home