Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Heat wave

Yeah, ok, so here I live in central us and we have had a heat wave to beat all heat waves! We have
had over 100 degree weather now for 2 weeks and over 90 for like a month and a half. We are setting records here people. Not only are we having record heat, we are having record NO rain. None, nada, zilch. People, do a rain dance for me PLEASE. My well will dry up!! Remember me?
Middle of nowhere country, I have no city water here!! RAIN DANCES EVERYNIGHT 11PM!!

On a funner note, my kids are actively involved in football/cheerleading/dance class. Yes, my nights are fun. Thursday's especially. I pick them up from school at 3:00 (because they wouldn't get home from the bus until 3:45 and that is too late) to take Kaity to dance class which starts at
3:45. Now, the school is like 10 minutes away from dance class, so we sit in the car for about 30-40 minutes until her class starts. Then I need to find me and the 4 other kiddo's something to do until 5:30 when her classes end. HMMMMM Well, today, I thought I would take them to McDonald's and let them play at the play land. UM YEAH, anybody here hearing bells and whistles go off?? How long can you really stay at Md's before going insane? 5-10 minutes?? Well, we didn't last until after 5 like I wanted, but after my many trials of yelling at my kids, we did leave at 4:30 and we proceeded to go back to the dance class to wait. We waited, in my van, with the air running. Now, this may seem like a hardship, but people, we have DVD players in my van. Not 1 or 2..... TRY 4. Come on, surely they can be entertained for 45 minutes??? HA

Well, finally the torture of waiting for dance class is over. NOW it is time to go to football/cheerleading practice. We get to sit in the heat until 8:30. The ants attack you no matter where you sit. Becca and I have bites clear up to our scalps. No kidding. We are hot, wet and tired!! I am Becca's jungle gym. My poor boys are layered with pads, shirts and helmets. They are RANK when practice is over. WHEW and I have to sit in the van for 45 minutes on the way home with them.

Now, it is home and it is after 9:30. It is now time to try and get everyone showered and ready for bed because, yes, school is in the morning.

Why do I do this? Insanity? Yes, I think so. The kids begged to do this and now who is paying the price????

Well, again, to show our "fun" here are some pictures:
(ok, one person missing from these is Kaity the cheerleader- why? Because all this week she has been able to cheer in an AIR CONDITIONED building. I couldn't be there to take pictures because I had to stay and sweat watching my youngest on the field to make sure he didn't injure someone)

Enjoy!!
(Logan is in the white jersey, Tyler is in yellow #11, Kaleb is in yellow #22, and baby Becca is the one looking so cute!)




1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sad when even McDonald's can't keep them all happy for an hour.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home