Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

On the mend

I did have surgery. I had my gallbladder removed. The incisions are still a bit sore, but I feel so much better. I am not vomiting anymore . That is a major plus! The only hang up is that I have been running a low grade fever now for awhile. I am not sure if it means I have an infection or not. I don't feel terrible. My cuts are not all that red, not anymore than I would think they would be. But I do feel run down and extremely tired. So maybe I am just unlucky and am coming down with a bug or something.

Kids have started school, YAY! I will post pictures shortly.

I am just so happy they found out what was wrong. I saw the surgeon yesterday and he told me they found stones, sludge and a chronic infection in my gallbladder. So, I guess this was bound to happen. It looks as though my many years of crash dieting could have contributed to this. He said that losing weight too fast (which I did many times in my life) causes gallstones. Coincidently enough, I was dieting at the time of this attack. So, I guess this is my bodies way of telling me I am not doing it the right way. Maybe now I will listen.

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM , Blogger Sissy said...

I'm so glad you got that taken care of, I hope you'll be 100% again soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home