Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Art and Life

Bowling for Soup - High School Never Ends

I LOVE this band! Bowling for Soup is just so funny!

I thought I would share a favorite of mine because the lyrics to this song is SOOOOO true!!

High School Never Ends

4 years you think for sure, thats all you've got to endure.
All the total.. all the stuck up chicks, so superficial so immature
Then when you graduate, you take a look around and you say "hey wait"
This is the same from where I just came from I thought it was over,
well thats just great!

The whole damn world is just as obsessed with who's the best dressed
and who's having sex, who's got the money, who gets the money, who
gets the honey, who's kinda cute and who's just a mess.

You still don't have the right look and you don't have the right friends.
Nothing changes but the faces, the names and the trends.... High School
Never Ends........

Reese Witherspoon is the prom queen, Bill Gates captain of the chess team,
Jack Black the clown, Brad Pitt the quarterback. I've seen it all before,
I want my money back!!!......

Do you see the art imitating life here? This song is just so true!!! LOL I still
feel the same feelings as I did in high school about not being good enough or
popular enough. It is amazing that when you are in high school you are sure
it will end one day and then you get into the "real" world and you realize NOTHING
has changed..

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad but true...and yet at least I can say that none of it matters nearly as much as it did back then. All that really matters now is my family, and mainly my baby. I do not look forward to her dealing with all that crap, but I do hold out hope that it won't be so bad for her! :)

I linked to you today -- thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly, have you looked at classmates.com? looking at the pictures, and profiles of ex-classmates, I see they have not changed much, sad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home