Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Some News

Well, my blood tests came back. I have PCOS. (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). My
tests came back that my testosterone were very high. And after looking at the
PCOS website, I found MANY symptoms that I have had for years. Now, things
are really making sense. So, treatment is the birth control pills for now. If after a month
I don't see some improvement in some areas (weight loss, pain) then they will put me on
some diabetes medicine. There is no cure for PCOS, just things to do to minimize the
effects from it. I am not glad that I have it, but I am glad to know that all these things
I have been complaining about (pain,weight gain even though I am dieting, high blood pressure,
high cholesterol, and many more from that list) are not illusions of my mind.

The only thing that really is ironic is that I had my TUBES TIED after I had Becca and NOW
I have to take birth control pills. I just can't help but laugh.

I have stuck to my "diet" all this week (so far). I am anxious to see if I have lost any weight, but
I do feel better about myself that I have had very good self control. I have exercised too this week, not enough, but it has been a concentrated effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home