Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy Birthday Baby!


I can't believe my oldest baby is now 11! Yes, you heard me right, he is 11. Oh how the years have flown by. It seems just like yesterday..... My pregnacy didn't go exactly as planned. In the 7th month I started having contractions and dialating. I was a 4 before they could get my contractions to slow down. They never did stop, but I was able to continue the pregancy thru the 8th month. Then while doing my "practicing" pushes with the nurse (the dr was across the street and not at the hospital yet) she screams "STOP". Huh? Apparently my beautiful boy had crowned and the dr was not here yet. So, she tells me to wait (thank you epidural!). So, I do, making conversation. Then more nurses enter the room, anestesiaologists enter the room, actually come to think about it, I had many people stand in my room waiting with me for the dr. I mean a wall full of onlookers and here I am, legs up in stirrups trying not to push. So, 5 minutes go by, no dr. The jokes start coming from my onlookers. "Whatever you do, don't make her sneeze!" said one. "And don't laugh, for heaven's sakes, don't laugh" said another. "Pant like a dog" said the nurse. I smile. "No" she said, "Really, pant like a dog, it will help you to not push". Huh? Yes, so I had to sit there, with a wall full of people watching me, legs up in stirrups and my hoochie flashing everyone, panting like a dog. 10 minutes now have gone by. Dr finally walks in. Which was good, because I am telling ya, I wasn't enjoying myself, I was starting to feel like a freak show. I was about to make my husband (at the time) start charging admission. Well, 2 pushes later, Logan Arthur was born. 7lbs 3 oz. He was a pretty easy baby really. His toddler years were a trial. At 3 he insisted that I not pick his clothes out anymore. He was moody starting at 5. He has been obstinate since 8. He is growing into a very headstrong man. Not that it is really a bad thing, but it sure does give me a run for my money. He is almost taller than me (not that I am hard to beat at 5'2) and his feet grow so much I have to replace shoes every 6 months. He knows what he wants and does nearly anything to get it. He is growing up so fast!

Happy Birthday Logan. I love you.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM , Blogger Kat said...

Wow! Happy Bday! To your son, they grow too fast!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home