Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's Official...

I am sick. I have been fighting a fever now for 4 days. I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest and it hurts to breathe. I have bronchitus. Yup, lucky me. Am I shocked? Not in the least. We have spent so much time and money at the dr in the last 2 weeks that I am sure I have paid my
dr's mortgage for the month. No kidding. Remember, I have 5 kids. All but 1, yes you heard me, 1, have been in and out of the dr. Now I had to go.

You would think that my MIL who SAYS she wants to help out would take pity on me and keep my kids for me tonight. She saw me today. She saw that I look like death warmed over and she heard my non existant voice. She also talked to my husband who told her I was sick. Do you think she could get a hint and OFFER to keep the kids tonight? Nope. Not her. 2 of them did opt to stay with her becuase they harrassed her, but the other are home with me. My oldest asked her if he could stay too, and get this, she said NO. She had "too much to do" to worry with the oldest around. Uh, huh. Thanks, I appreciate it.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but damn, she goes on and on about how she wants to "help" while she is down here and she gets the opportunities and she shits all over them!!! It is almost like she does this on purpose. For instance, 2 years ago during Christmas I had pnemonia. Did she help then? HELL NO, infact she went a step further and had her husbands son and his family down and made ME, yes you heard me again ME, entertain them.

I don't know, maybe I am just whining because I haven't had any sleep in 5 days and I feel like death.

We aren't doing much for Thanksgiving. Honostly, I am not feeling up to doing much about it right now anyway. Maybe I could just sleep this week away and wake up next week healthy!

4 Comments:

At 4:00 PM , Blogger Kat said...

I command you to get better! I hope you have a great heathly thanksgiving!

 
At 5:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks! I hope you feel better soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed about your MIL...remember what I wished upon her yesterday? LOL

 
At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you any better yet?

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger dreamineering said...

Hope that you get your rest amid the chores and kids tendering. It's time to love yourself more. Time to rest.
Psalm 46:10

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home