Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Friday, January 26, 2007

EEEEEKKKK!

Imagine, if you will, a bathroom. A cold and lightly lit room. You sit down to (you know the drill here, no need for imagination, thank you) and you feel a BANG on the back of your heel. You look down and there is a GRAY MOUSE running away from your foot. OMG, can I say that again, OMG. The horror!!! Screaming starts and does not stop while you are trying to get your feet off of the ground. EEEEWWWWW. Now, this happened this morning. Imagine if you will the same bathroom a week ago. I was giving my kids a bath and while they were happily playing in the water, I am sitting down on the floor reading a book. All of a sudden the mouse runs from across the bathroom to go UP MY PANT LEG. Yes, yelling and jumping around commenced until the filthy rodent exited my pants and scurried away.

We have mouse poison out, we have mouse traps set with peanut butter. This DAMN MOUSE eats the peanut butter and doesn't set off the trap and he avoids the poison. Why does this mouse insist on torturing me? Why won't he leave, or better yet, end his time on earth? Why did Ray move me to this BFE house, surrounded by trees and animals, so that filthy little rodents like the one we have now, enter my house and decide to stay?

We are going to have a war. Either the mouse or I will win. I am on a mission. But, for the time being, I think I will avoid my bathroom (bladder be damned) and I will strategically place chairs throught my house so that I can avoid the floor.

4 Comments:

At 5:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take a mouse over roaches or other bugs ANYDAY! Luckily, the only thing I have here is the occasional spider or unidentifiable TN bug. They creep me out, but not as bas as a roach would. *gag*

You could always catch him and keep him as a pet. Or flush his ass own the toilet. Heh.

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger Kat said...

Oh man! what an awful place to be visited by the wild. Good luck

 
At 7:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I would be freaking out! I despise rodents, the nasty little creatures. I hope you get him soon.

 
At 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how I would love to be a fly on your wall! I'd totally be freaking out like you are. Bugs...ack! Little rodents...even WORSE.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home