Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Shopping at your own risk

It is amazing to me that in such a small town, with such a small super market, that shopping has become a hazard. Besides the fact of rising prices that want to break my checkbook, I now have the added bonus of playing bumper cars and musical parking spaces.

More and more frequently, as I am in the parking lot, I have to fight to get a parking space. Not because there aren't many around, but because jerks feel they have the right to cut in front of me. For instance, this past Saturday, I am patiently waiting my turn to take a parking space from someone who was leaving. I had my blinker on, I was in the pathway, I was next. Then a "person" decides that my car parking manner's is not needed and proceeds to pull up thru a HANDICAP parking space on the other side of the parking spot I am waiting on to preempt my pulling into the said spot. Now, was this spot so important that they had to come in thru a handicap spot just to steal it from me? I don't think so. But, what I am most mad about, is the rudeness of this "person". They clearly saw me, I was there before they even got to the handicap spot, and yet I lost the spot because of their rudeness. Hmmm, nice.

Then the Saturday before I had a fender bender. I was done shopping, I had pulled out of my spot and was starting forward when this "older driver" decides looking back takes too much effort. I saw him backing out and I stopped, figuring I would avoid an accident. Um, yeah, that was too much to ask. He creeps out of this spot, backing up... more, more,more until "BAM" he bumps into my van because instead of, again looking back, he decided it was way more worth his while to chat to an older lady standing in the parking lot. Now, you would think this hitting of my van would at least get some attention from him???? YEAH, NO. He never even acknowledged that he bumped into me. He just proceeded to pull forward at his snail pace and go about his way.

Now, there have been other instances of near hit's by vehicles to my body walking from the store to my vehicle, but really, you get the point of my little tirade.

Now, what is my option? Learn to get better at bumper cars and start stealing spaces on my own, or stop shopping all together??? Hmmm, well, the latter does sound rather good, but I have a feeling that the natives would get restless without any food in the house. So, I guess shopping at my own risk the risk I will have to take from now on. They might be surprised when one day I go Nascar on their butts and beat them at their own games......

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Blogger Sissy said...

Who knew it could be that bad?? be careful, it sounds like too many "older drivers", who may need to turn in their car keys! jeez!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home