Queen Bee Confessions

One woman's journey with trying to stay sane in a house with 5 kids and a husband that travels.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Shoulda stayed in bed...

You know when you wake up with that feeling. The feeling that you should really just
stay in bed. Today was that day.

I had a follow up dr appt with my GI doctor. Basically was just for me to tell him, that yes,
all is ok, my acid reflux is better and for me to find out when I needed to have my colon
rechecked since I had polyps. The good news was that they were all benign and I won't
have to go thru that test again for 5 years. Bad news, I will have to continue to have that
test every few years or so because they found the polyps in the first place.

So, I go to leave. I have pulled out of my parking spot and went to the end of my isle. I turn
left to go down the back isle. A woman, talking on the phone, in her van pulls out of the isle
next to my isle and cuts in front of me down the back isle. Ok, I decide, I will be nice, I will
not honk, she was distracted and I will give her the benefit of the doubt. So, I follow her up
to the last side isle (you have to to get out of there) and all of a sudden she throws her van
in REVERSE. She wants to pull into a parking spot, UM WHERE I AM BLOCKING BECAUSE I WAS BEHIND HER, in reverse. So, I have to haul off and get into reverse quickly because
she was inches away from smacking into the front of my van. Ok, I am aggravated now. But,
again, I let it go.

So, I am on the main road (mind you, less than 10 minutes have passed since that close
encounter) and I am in the lane to turn right. It is a yield lane so I have to wait for on coming
traffic to slow or be done before I can go. Well, I thought I might be able to get on the road, so
I creeped up a bit but there was a white truck hauling ass so I had to stop. Apparently the man behind me didn't pay attention to the fact that I was STILL SITTING THERE. BAM. He plowed right into me. I was leaning forward looking to the left when my van jumps forward. Thankfully I
still had my foot on the break because if I hadn't he would have pushed me into that oncoming truck. Becca is in the back crying, she was scared by the loud noise and jump. I pull over to the side, my whole body shaking and trying to calm Becca down. The man came to my van VERY apologetic. I got out and we inspected the damages. Really, not much at all. This GREAT van of mine really can take an impact. I just have 2 small cuts in my bumper. The man was beside himself with apologies. It turns out they had just admitted his wife into the hospital to give birth to their baby and he was running home real quick to get some clothes. Yeah, I felt bad for him. Since there was minimal damage, we just exchanged information and went about our way. I didn't see the need to hold him up when his baby was going to be born at any time and he was sincerely sorry and took all the blame. So, my van has a few blemishes on it now, but really, it
could have been worse. If I hadn't had my foot plowed on my brake, we could have hit other people, maybe my air bags could have deployed.. anything. So, I figured it was best to count
our blessings and move on. I am having some back and neck pain, but I have problems with them anyway, so even the tiniest thing could set the pain off. No need to make his life miserable because of it. I figure I will take some med's for a few days and be right as rain in no time.

What I am concerned about is that my van has been in MANY near misses and now 2 bumps in one month (remember the Kroger story and the old man??) Does my van need to become a different color to avoid this attention? Do I need to make it banana yellow so people can see me?
OR do I have a secret magnet in it that is drawing all these people to me????

I don't know, but I hope this last fender bender is the last for awhile. I can't handle that kind
of stress.....

ON a HAPPIER note: I am addicted to Ebay. Yes, I said it. I love the bidding. Can't help it.
I decided to cheer myself up for my bday and I started bidding on a few purses. Well, I won them BOTH!! One came in the mail today and I LOVE it.













Now I am just waiting for the next one to arrive:




Can you see a theme here? I am in LOVE with purple. One is Lilac (the top one and it matches a fingernail polish I have PERFECTLY *thanks Heather!* And the second one is Lavender.
Why do I need 2? Why not?? One is a larger purse and one is smaller. Perfect for giving me choices!! YAY EBAY!!! Somebody better keep me away for awhile though, you never know what I might buy next......

3 Comments:

At 7:03 PM , Blogger Kat said...

WOW! I thought I was having a crazy month! I'm so glad you ar ok! Maybe if you painted the car yellow and had a sign on it that said "hit me" then everyone would leave you alone(Because paople always do the oppisie of what you tell them to do)
As a bag addict I say yippy for you getting those wonderful bags! And happy late birthday.

 
At 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geesh! I'm glad you got in a little retail therapy anyway.

So blogger has not been my friend for a while and has not been letting me comment anywhere, but tonight it seems to be working, yay!

Happy Belated Birthday, btw!! Sorry I didn't get to say it sooner.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Misty said...

oh my goodness! how frustrating!!! Hopefully things are better now as it's been a bit since you posted... Hopefully you aren't sitting at the door with whiplash and heartburn, waiting for that other fantastic handbag to arrive!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home